Posted , 20 users are following.
I’m looking for any thoughts/ advice on some stomach issues I’ve been having recently as I’m wondering if it could be a gallbladder issue. I’m female, 29, on the pill, normal weight with a healthy diet.
Four months ago, seemingly out of the blue, I developed a range of symptoms which have been making me feel really rubbish. I’ve been keeping a food diary but can’t see much of a pattern. The only things I know for sure have made me feel particularly bad were chocolate and a cooked English breakfast. Bread also seems a bit dodgy.
- Pain under my right ribs. The pain comes and goes. Normally it’s a dull ache or a burning sensation. Occasionally I get sharp pains there too. Generally I would describe the pain as mild to moderate – nothing agonising. The bottom of my right ribs feel bruised when touched and sometimes the pain goes through to my back
- Heartburn, mainly on the right side of my chest but sometimes all over. Sometimes the burning feeling can feel slightly itchy as well.
- A sensation of vapour coming up from my stomach
- Lots of gas and burping. My tummy has been making lots of gurgling noises – much more than usual
- Bitter taste in mouth and sometimes a very dry throat
- Feeling tired
- Occasionally - feeling sick after eating. I’ve never actually been sick though.
- Occasionally - sore burning throat and lump in throat sensation
The symptoms do vary – I seem to have flare ups where I feel particularly awful and once it’s been set off I seem to feel bad for a few days. There haven’t been any days when I’ve felt completely right since the whole thing started though.
Treatment/ tests to date
- 40mg Esomeprazole. This helps the heartburn a bit I think but the other symptoms do not improve
- Ultrasound – normal.
- Blood tests – full blood count and other tests all came back normal
- Endoscopy – came back normal with no sign of acid reflux
- Manometry and 24 hour pH monitoring – I haven’t had my consultation to discuss the results in full yet but apparently ‘there is evidence to suggest my oesophagus doesn’t contract normally.’
My next consultation isn’t until October and I’m starting to feel a bit desperate as I’m fed up feeling so horrible.
Do you think this could be a gallbladder issue despite the clear ultrasound? The fact that I have the esophagus problem could explain the vapour sensation I've been getting, but I don't see how it could be causing the right side pain.
Grateful for any advice!
0 likes, 35 replies