Leg crossing......... the good leg

Posted , 10 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

ok someone tell me if I can cross my good leg?  I understand why I can’t do my hip replacement leg but I’m craving to cross my good leg.  I’m 16 days out of my surgery and feeling pretty good.  I have looked for responses about good vs bad but nothing.  I certainly don’t want to do anything wrong so I’m asking my fellow hip replacement recipients?

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ken, it’s still early days for you yet. By crossing your good leg you will be putting pressure on a still healing leg. Keep up the exercises that the hospital have given you and in the next few weeks it will feel easy to do.
    • Posted

Ok thank you I’m going to be careful whatever I do, thanks for your response
  • Posted

I crossed my non operated leg over the operated one at the ankles when lying on the couch with both legs raised from quite early days and didn’t have any problems. I’m 20 weeks post op today and still only cross my ankles. Crossing my unoperated leg over my operated leg doesn’t feel comfortable at all now. I can cross my operated leg to do Pilates stretches but only very gently. The Physio at the hospital ran a clinical Pilates course and said my operated hip would relax over time so I could do the cross legged glute stretches but I’m still very cautious about overstraining. 

Regards

Ann

• Posted

yes, I’m also very cautious as well I think I will take it slow and see how it feels, I think our bodies tell us most of what we need to know
  • Posted

If you have not had the done on your good leg and are not prone to hip dysplasia, then I do not see why you cannot cross your good leg. Iny case both hips are replaced so no leg crossing till the muscles get stronger

• Posted

thanks I’m going to go slow here and see how it goes.  I hope your doing well
  • Posted

Good question!  I was wondering the same today.
    • Posted

im going to take it slow but i have always crossed my leg and my good leg is the one I usuallly use.  I’ll take it slow for sure and feel if their is any pressure
  • Posted

I did, and had no adverse effect.  Like you, I needed to get some movement, usually at night.
  • Posted

Be guided by the pain is my suggestion.  I'm three months in and have used pain to guide all my movements.  I can now cross my good leg with nothing but a bit of discomfort..  No pain no gain.  You have to stretch all your ligaments and muscles back to where they should be.  A bit of pain tells you you're at your limit but you want to be doing a little more each day so pain is inevitable (see it as your friend and guide).  Obviously don't overdo it, agony is certainly not something you want to make friends with.

• Posted

I waited the 6 weeks as suggested by the surgeon before I crossed them. However, I did cross my ankles in the recliner not even thinking of that. 

Took a bit for the full flexibility to return. Give it time and good luck 

• Posted

With all the support I’m getting I decided to try crossing my good leg.  Well!, turns out my bad leg isn’t strong enough to support it for now, didn’t think of that but it did feel good for a few seconds.  Forgot who said your body will tell you if it’s right, so true.
    • Posted

I can cross mine without pain but am just being cautious and don’t

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

женский возбудитель купить цена

продвижение по ключевым словам

недорогие препараты для повышения потенции
newnav-down - qqmovies.info newnav-up - qqmovies.info