I don't know what my problem is..

Posted , 7 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Hello,

So I am having another anxiety flare up / depression episode. For the last two years I have coped day by day without medicating but it's getting very difficult now.

The problem is, I just don't know what my problem is. I just feel empty, thoughtless and hollow. I spend everyday depersonalised and dizzy / in a state of confusion. I am extremely fatigued and run down and struggling to do basic things. I am 26 and healthy otherwise.

I hate my job with passion, I have my vile colleagues, the negativity / stale atmosphere yet I grin and bare it because the pay has funded everything I have. Feeling like this, I don't know how I'd cope with a new job.

I have a lovely wife and a nice home and have so much to be greatful for, which I am however, I just spend each day trapped inside a dream like state, shaking and panicking over nothing. My days off alone, I spend stuck in 100mph mode trying to keep as busy as possible to keep my mind focused on a task.

I just don't know what to do. If I go the doctors I am sure I will get antidepressants again and starting to think it's not a bad thing now.

Can anyone else relate?

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Thomas, your suffering from anxiety and depression probably triggered by your job and how unhappy you are in it, we spend most of our waking time at work so if it's an unhealthy environment it's going to take its toll slowely.

Like you say you want a different job but don't know how you would cope the way your feeling, two points here

- Changing jobs could help you get out of the anxiety and depression!

- Go see your GP and try medication inc therapy/councelling and get yourself to the point that you are comfortable getting a new job.

Have a think with your wife and make a plan on what your going to do to take control of your situation and illness, maybe discuss it with your GP also.

Neil 

• Posted

Ask for psychotherapy instead of meds, you stand a better chance of lasting change that way.
  • Posted

Hi Thomas, I understand and can to relate to what you are saying about having so much to be grateful for and yet being so unhappy. I have a great job, a wonderful family and yet, I feel empty inside. I am tired all the time and for no reason. I take medication and it helped for a while but now, not so much. I also do therpay once a week and still, I am anxious and depressed. I understand. Please go see your doctor and talk to your family, so they can share this with you. est of luck.
  • Posted

Been there.  A 3 headed approach has done well for me:

1) Therapy -  I see a psychologist regularly.  Used to be every week for a while, now I go once a month just to check in.  I truly believe, even now feeling better, that I will continue to see a therapist on a regular basis for the rest of my life.  The benefit of a mental health check-in, even monthly or longer, is just too great to pass up.

2) Exercise and diet modifications - I cut out just about all caffeine and just about all sugar.  No nicotine.  This keeps stress levels down by avoiding stimulants.  I also became a runner.  At first I couldn't do 0.25 miles without stopping, now I do 5+ and feel great after.  The runner's high is a real thing, you feel mentally great for hours from a nice workout.

3) Medication - Even though with the first 2 changes, I was feeling MUCH better, I decided to accept the doctors suggestion for an SSRI to get me over the hump.  I take lexapro daily.  Everyone's experiences vary, but for me, I have no side effects other than the first few days going on with a little fatigue and a little nausea.  I feel clear headed and like myself before anxiety was in the picture.

There really are 3 approaches to feeling better: Therpary, physical changes, medicine.  Doing all three has helped me tremendously.  

• Posted

Hi Thomas,

I can relate to everything in your post.

I have had chronic anxiety on and off for six years but recently my wife and I agreed that its time to regain control, even if that means medication (Which it has).

If you are really unhappy in your job I suggest that you may want to start thinking about an exit strategy to remove yourself from what sounds like one of the key causes of your anxiety.

Talk with your Wife and I'm sure she would rather have you happy again even if that means you look for another job.

I hate anxiety and am now in my second job related trough, the first time (Many years ago) I allowed my Mental Health to get the better of me and nearly died as a result, this time I have experience on my side so am watching out for the signs.

Your Mental Health is as important as Bodily Health take care and do the right thing for you...

• Posted

P.s. I am also having Psychotherapy Councelling and on prescription SSRI's Sertraline 200mg, lots of excersise whilst signed off work sick helps too.

• Posted

Hey Thomas

It's the depression that makes us feel empty. We have to treat it. Get help from a therapist try natural medicine instead of medication that will probably do more harm than good. Take Omega 3 ask your Doctor depends if he/she is a good one they will tell you what you can do without having to get medication. My doctor prescribed me Omega 3 supplement, I lacked vitamin D so I was put on vitamin D supplements. Try natural things.smile

Good Luck

• Posted

I forgot to say something else. I had searched it online and they mentioned too much stress and anxiety can cause us to feel depersonalized. The empty feeling is depression. I feel like that too. Well, if you need the medication go to your Doctor. 👍

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

сиалис купить в киеве дешево

https://topobzor.info

https://tokyozakka.com.ua/yaponskaya-kosmetika/yaponskaya-kosmetika-dlya-gub//
newnav-down - qqmovies.info newnav-up - qqmovies.info