Dry patch by eye. What could it be?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have this patch by my eye that has gotten progressively worse & im not sure how to get rid of it or what it is.. any ideas or tips?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

  • Posted

    Have you tried a new eye gel or cream or mascara? Or do you ever put fake lashes on? Or maybe had an eyelash tint?

  • Posted

    Hi Taylor,

    You should seek an appointment with a dermatologist to get the most probable diagnosis in the first place. I suffered from eczema in the past, so I could tell you there is a reasonable chance you are suffering from eyelid eczema, but just like Moon mentioned above, it could also be an allergic reaction to a substance of some sort, which is also known as Contact Dermatitis. It could even be something else.

    When you get the correct diagnosis, your dermatologist should provide you with a few treatment options and you should ask him if such options can cure you or cause any unwanted side effects. Then you can decide on your own if you want to go along with one of these options, or seek help or advice elsewhere (such as reading about what other patients with your condition have done to help themselves).

    Hope this helps,


Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down - qqmovies.info newnav-up - qqmovies.info